Opioid Crisis in Utah: The Naloxone Good Samaritan Law Webinar
A Home Study Webinar from the University of Utah College of Pharmacy
Originally presented November 5th 2016
1. Describe the opioid crisis in the United States and the State of Utah
2. Summarize the toxidrome of opioid toxicity
3. Recognize the signs and symptoms of opioid crisis
4. Apply the steps in treatment of opioid crisis, monitoring for recovery, and how to transfer patient to urgent, emergent, or home care.
5. Describe opioid and naloxone pharmacology, use in special populations, and administration technique.
6. Explain the Naloxone Good Samaritan Law (Opiate Overdose Response Act Standing Orders and Other Amendments)
7. Explain the Naloxone rules application to medicine and pharmacy.
This is a HOME STUDY WEBINAR CPE activity for pharmacists & pharmacy technicians. Successful completion of the webinar involves passing the final exam with a grade of 75% or higher. Successful completion of this exam will result in 1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEU).
Program Funding: no grant has been received for this program.
The University of Utah College of Pharmacy Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Please provide your payment information below. Confirmation of payment will be sent to the email address provided.
Once you have registered, the information regarding access to the webinar and the post-webinar exam will be sent to you from the CE Coordinator via email. Please allow 2-5 business days prior to the live webinar date for the email to arrive.
Item: Opioid Crisis --Pharmacist
Price: $ 25.00
Total Charge: $ 25.00