Since 1990, the Tanner Humanities Center has pioneered the Gateway to Learning Educator Workshops. This program brings university faculty into collaboration with school teachers to explore new teaching techniques and styles, innovative classroom technologies, and the most recent content in their teaching fields.
Each workshop is offered from 9 am to 3:30 pm daily(except where noted). Class size is limited to 35 participants per workshop. Educators may sign up for multiple workshops.
An $80 non-refundable registration fee will be charged for each workshop. The Tanner Center provides lunch for the week, all books and materials, and parking.
An additional $50 fee is charged per workshop to educators who want to receive three university credit hours through the University of Utah Department of Continuing Education. Credit fees will be collected on the last day of class. Some classes have restrictions on how many times they can be taken for university credit over multiple years (please see individual classes for details). A strict attendance policy is enforced for those taking workshops for credit.
1. Select the Workshops link to the left. A list of available classes will appear.
PLEASE NOTE: Workshops which have already reached full capacity will not be listed. Please email the Tanner Humanities Center to be put on the waiting list for a specific workshop.
2. Select which workshop you are interested in by clicking on the title.
3. To sign up for a workshop, enter in the requested information, then click "Add to Cart."
4. When you have finished selecting your workshops, click the "Check Out" button and fill in the required information.
5. To finalize your purchase, click the "Place Order" button. Only click the "Place Order" button once. It may take a few moments for your order to process.
6. Once your order is processed, your will see an order confirmation page. You will also receive an order confirmation email.